[Dovecot] database failover

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:25:14 EET 2011

Thanks, we considered options, ruled out master-master for security, and
since everything is with mysql (AAA) we decided not to introduce another
database type, we only use a few servers, so we might use a cron job every
minute to test for db response and if fails drop interface, returns up
interface, as we use linux HA solution, so  if the heartbeat fails it
ignores it, and other alerting will notify us eventually if it stays down,
not optimum I know, in fact darn right messy, but it'll suffice until
Dovecot offers such a solution.