[Dovecot] v1.1.alpha1 released / Dovecot 5 years old

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org
Fri Jul 20 18:24:11 EEST 2007

Hi all,

> BTW. Dovecot is about 5 years old now. I'm not exactly sure what
> Dovecot's birthday should be. The oldest news items in
> http://dovecot.org/oldnews.html are:
>
> """
> Sat Jul 27 18:14:36 EEST 2002

Even if a bit in advance - happy birthday!!!
Timo - thank you for excellent software and best imaginable support!

> Jul 24 was also the day I decided to use Dovecot name. It was suggested
> to me around Jul 18. I'm pretty bad at naming things myself:

I have always been interested how you got around to naming Dovecot. Is
there any other meaning intended apart from what the dictionary says (and
which seems little related to imap software :)

Best regards,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot