[Dovecot] Quota exceeded messages

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 10 07:16:54 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 17:36 +0100, Frank Church wrote:
>   quota = maildir:storage=10240:messages=1000
..
> Looking at the above settings I assume that 10240 Kb or 1000 messages
> constitute the message limit.

Yes.

> Is there an override on a per mailbox setting in the mailbox folder?

By "mailbox" do you mean users or folders? It's a per-user setting, and
it's possible to override the global quota by having userdb return a
quota field. See the SQL examples in http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota

> Do Postfix and PostfixAdmin also have their custom settings?
>
> The problem doesn't appear to apply at the delivery stage, so it
> appears to be something respected by dovecot alone.

If you want to enforce quota, use Dovecot's deliver or some other MDA
that supports Maildir++ quota. Postfix's internal MDA doesn't.