[Dovecot] Quota exceeded messages

Frank Church voipfc at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 9 19:36:27 EEST 2007

On 09/07/07, Frank Church <voipfc at googlemail.com> wrote:
> When I try to move messages between folders I get 'Quota exceeded' messages.
>
> I installed dovecot without any major configuration and accounts are
> created with PostfixAdmin.
>
> Is there some common setting that I must be missing?
>
> Version in use is 1.0 rc26
>
> - Frank

These are the parts of my configuration I consider relevant

/etc/dovecot.conf
============

protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
  imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle delay-newmail
}
protocol pop3 {
  mail_plugins = quota
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}
protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = postmaster at abc.meripol.net
  mail_plugins = quota
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
  info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
}

plugin {
  quota = maildir:storage=10240:messages=1000
  acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
  trash = /etc/dovecot/trash.conf
}

Looking at the above settings I assume that 10240 Kb or 1000 messages
constitute the message limit.

Is there an override on a per mailbox setting in the mailbox folder?

Do Postfix and PostfixAdmin also have their custom settings?

The problem doesn't appear to apply at the delivery stage, so it
appears to be something respected by dovecot alone.