[Dovecot] Index question

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Thu Jul 5 15:42:55 EEST 2007

The day I switch our user to dovecot and it goes into production, there
will be a few thousand people all generating their indices for the first
time (we have a legacy requirement for procmail, at least for now), so I
wondered:
1) Is there is anyway to pre-emptively force indexing?
2) Is there any value in doing so?  That is, will I gain much in terms
of making the first time everyone connects to dovecot quicker (not that
big initial wait)?

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources