[Dovecot] Authenticaing in postgresql

vmstech vmstech at tpg.com.au
Sun Jul 17 11:15:42 EEST 2005

Hi all - Im new to dovecot and actually all things email serverish.
I spent last week wrestling with exim4, and this week its dovecots turn.

I'm trying to connect as an imap user (from evolution) and not actually
able to make a successful login.

I have default_pass_scheme=PLAIN, and am using pass authentication in
evolution client. Its the only one available after it queries the server
for available types.

I'm not getting any errors appear in either the postgres or dovecot log
files (anymore :-) that is).

I'm getting the exact query I'd like to see in the dovecot log file,
after I entering the password in the client, but unfortunately it doesnt
give me the reply.

I can key this exact query in to the psql client and get the correct
answer. dovecots logs don't tell me if I have success or failure.

The auth_db query has only 1 column.

I have no idea where to go from here - would love a hint

thanks
Glenn