[dovecot] Re: Assert in imap-bodystructure.c

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 6 22:29:03 EET 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 22:19, Brad Figg wrote:
> I removed the .imap.index* files. I can now see most of the email in that folder. The
> email that I can see are messages that I moved via drag-n-drop from my email
> client. The messages that I can't see are ones that procmail put in the folder. There
> is a difference in the message name format between the two. Messages
> that I can see are named like "1041543929.7991_300.norbert:2,S". The ones
> I can not see are named like "1041620504.14350.norbert:2,S". Any ideas
> why this is happening and how I fix it?

File names don't matter to Dovecot at all, so it's not that. Are file
permissions correct? Do you see anything in log files? Maybe your email
client is caching the messages incorrectly and just doesn't want to see
the other mails? If there's nothing in logs, I'd blame the client then.
You could verify it by talking directly to dovecot:

x login user pass
x select inbox
x fetch 1:* envelope