[Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc23 released
tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 20 12:09:50 UTC 2007
Documentation is probably the only important thing left before v1.0.
* deliver doesn't ever exit with Dovecot's internal exit codes anymore.
All its internal exit codes are changed to EX_TEMPFAIL.
* mbox: X-Delivery-ID header is now dropped when saving mails.
* mbox: If pop3_uidl_format=%m, we generate a unique X-Delivery-ID
header when saving mails to make sure the UIDL is unique.
+ PAM: blocking=yes in args uses an alternative way to do PAM checks.
Try it if you're having problems with PAM.
+ userdb passwd: blocking=yes in args makes the userdb lookups be done
in auth worker processes. Set it if you're doing remote NSS lookups
(eg. nss_ldap problems are fixed by this).
+ If PAM child process hasn't responded in two minutes, send KILL
signal to it (only with blocking=no)
- IMAP: APPEND ate all CPU while waiting for more data from the client
(broken in rc22)
- mbox: Broken X-UID headers assert-crashed sometimes
- mbox: When saving a message to an empty mbox file it got an UID
which immediately got incremented.
- mbox: Fixed some wrong "uid-last unexpectedly lost" errors.
- auth cache: In some situations we crashed if passdb had extra_fields.
- auth cache: Special extra_fields weren't saved to auth cache.
For example allow_nets restrictions were ignored for cached entries.
- A lot of initial login processes could cause auth socket errors
in log file at startup, if dovecot-auth started slowly. Now the
login processes are started only after dovecot-auth has finished
- imap/pop3 proxy: Don't crash if the remote server disconnects before
we're logged in.
- deliver: Don't bother trying to save the mail twice into the default
mailbox (eg. if it's over quota).
- mmap_disable=yes + non-Linux was really slow with large
- MySQL couldn't be used as a masterdb
- Trash plugin was more or less broken
- imap/pop3 couldn't load plugins if they chrooted
- imap/pop3-login process could crash in some conditions
- checkpassword-reply crashed if USER/HOME wasn't set
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20070220/318dd057/attachment.pgp
More information about the Dovecot-news