[Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc22 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 6 16:16:37 UTC 2007

http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.rc22.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.rc22.tar.gz.sig

Found another bad bug in rc19 changes. Wonder why my imaptest catched
the bug only in CVS HEAD but not in branch_1_0 even though both had it.
Anyway, now the imaptest runs nicely for both, and I'm again optimistic
that the bug count is low enough for v1.0 to be released soon :)

BTW. My previous benchmarks which showed how mmap_disable=yes and
fsync_disable=yes give huge performance benefits are pretty
XFS-specific. I did some quick tests with ext3 and the differences were
quite small with it. I'll probably do another proper run of tests later.

	+ pop3: Commit the transaction even if client didn't QUIT so cached
	  data gets saved.
	- Fixed another indexing bug in rc19 and later which caused
	  transactions to be skipped in some situations, causing all kinds of
	  problems.
	- mail_log_max_lines_per_sec was a bit broken and caused crashes with
	  dovecot -a
	- BSD filesystem quota was counted wrong. Patch by Manuel Bouyer
	- LIST: If namespace has a prefix and inbox=no, don't list
	  prefix.inbox if it happens to exist when listing for %.