Up to date dovecot packages on Ubuntu 22.4LTS

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Wed Jan 4 23:54:38 UTC 2023

I just found out that Ubuntu Linux 22.04 LTS has a dovecot apt package that is 2.3.16. Debian 11 (stable) is at dovecot 2.3.13 with apt. if I looked correctly. Dovecot itself is at 2.3.20.

That surprised me (I am new to the Linux distro and package management world) as Ubuntu 22.04 is a Long-Time Support version, and I was expecting packages to be updated as well (as many users will want updated packages.  How does that work in the dovecot world? How come macOS MacPorts (2.3.19) has more recent packages than any of the large Debian-based Linuxes?

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>