Dovecot and FTS experiment

Tomasz Nowak tomek at flup.pl
Wed Jan 30 16:45:14 EET 2019

W dniu 2019-01-29 19:37, Aki Tuomi napisał(a):

> Possibly, it's hard to say. It depends more about how much mail you
> have in total. You might need more than one server. One per backend is
> definetly too much.

Great, thank you. I have more than 15TB of mails and I know that one
Solr server could be not enough.
But it is good that I not need to install Solr od every mail server. On
that amount of data - I think
that Solr server need more optimalization and I don't want to change
configuration of mail servers.

> You can use doveadm dump /path/to/index/directory to view the contents
> on the indexes.

Great command, thank you! I didn't know about it.

> You can just stop loading fts.

Super. I like it :)

> You can run doveadm fts rescan -A and doveadm index -A "*" to perform
> full FTS indexing.

Ok, thank you. I was afraid that there might be more dependencies.