Best way to move mail from one server to another

James Brown jlbrown at bordo.com.au
Tue Sep 4 10:20:34 EEST 2018

I’d like to migrate to a new server. I only need to transfer the mail store, have already done the users. I’ve seen different recommendations:

IMAP-Sync
Rsync
Doveadmin backup and
dsync

What are the pros and cons of each? What would be best for me? I’m thinking that Doveadmin backup is the way to go.

Both old and new servers are on same network. New server is running Dovecot 2.3.2.1, old server is 2.2.32. macOS X.

Does anyone have any advice or examples?

Thanks, James.