OCSP Stapling and Certificate Transparency

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Wed Oct 31 09:41:35 EET 2018

On 05/01/2018 09:08 AM, Aki Tuomi wrote:

>> On 01 May 2018 at 19:03 Felipe Gasper < felipe at felipegasper.com
>> <mailto:felipe at felipegasper.com>> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> For CAs that do not include a signed certificate timestamp in their
>> newly-issued certificates, does Dovecot support either OCSP stapling
>> or the Certificate Transparency TLS extension?
>>
>> If the TLS extension is supported, how does the admin configure the
>> timestamp for each certificate?
>>
>> I’m wondering if any MUAs will follow Google’s lead and insist on CT.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> -Felipe Gasper
>> Mississauga, Ontario
>
> Hi!
>
> We are planning to add ocsp stapling support. At least Thunderbird
> supports must-staple attribute.
> ---
> Aki Tuomi

Hi, is there any more news on this?

Note I don't *personally* need it, but I provide custom dovecot RPMs for
CentOS 7 and someone asked how to do it. They want to use a certificate
that has the "must staple" feature.

(I'm personally more interested in DANE support in clients, which
dovecot doesn't need to do anything for, that's client specific)