Bug reports - auth is broken in Dovecot 2.3.3

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Thu Oct 4 11:05:46 EEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 03:47:11PM +0300, Berindeie Avram-Teodor <berindeie.teo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 2:44 PM Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> > On 3 Oct 2018, at 14.09, Berindeie Avram-Teodor <berindeie.teo at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 1:53 PM Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> >>> On 3 Oct 2018, at 13.22, Berindeie Avram-Teodor <berindeie.teo at gmail.com>
> >>> wrote:

This seems to be a lot of discussion about a rather simple patch. What
was the reason for not including it in the 2.3.3 release, given that the
patch date says it is from August? To me it seems like a really simple
patch that shouldn't cause any problems so I would have expected it to
be included into master right away, but maybe I'm wrong there and there
is some hidden issue. If that's the case, please tell me since I'd like
to understand the reasoning a bit better.

Florian