Fwd: Everything works except sending mail

Armin Tangelder a.tangelder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 13:04:36 EET 2018

Hi people,

Version of my beloved Dovecot installation:

2.2.27 (c0f36b0)

I moved from a OS X server to a Linux (Ubuntu) Headless server.
All fun and good to play around with. Love almost everything.

In the combination with Postfix and Dovecot I’m stuck to despair into
oblivion.

Everything works except I cannot send mail from my (OS X) Outlook client I
keep getting:

Connection to the server failed or was dropped. Error Code -3253

Nothing More and nothing less. O do not get any other error in a logfile or
anything.
And I followed almost every installation manual I found. Postfix I can send
and receive through telnet.
But I just can’t get this to work…

The mail doesn’t even reach Postfix queue as I cannot connect to send.
I do have a awesome connection receiving my mail though ☺

Anyway:

dovecot -n gives this (and I probably don’t see it anymore as I’ve been at
this for several days now)

# 2.2.27 (c0f36b0): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

# Pigeonhole version 0.4.16 (fed8554)

# OS: Linux 4.13.0-37-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 17.10

auth_mechanisms = plain login

auth_realms = formule1.demon.nl

login_greeting = Dovecot ready.

mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir

mail_max_userip_connections = 50

namespace inbox {

  inbox = yes

  location =

  mailbox Drafts {

    special_use = \Drafts

  }

  mailbox Junk {

    special_use = \Junk

  }

  mailbox Sent {

    special_use = \Sent

  }

  mailbox "Sent Messages" {

    special_use = \Sent

  }

  mailbox Trash {

    special_use = \Trash

  }

  prefix =

}

passdb {

  driver = pam

}

protocols = imap

service auth {

    group = postfix

    mode = 0666

    user = postfix

  }

}

ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/server.crt

ssl_key =  # hidden, use -P to show it

userdb {

  driver = passwd

}

Anything useful I would love to see.
Any information needed.

THNKS…

Armin

--

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes…