Disable SIS

Nick Rosier nick+dovecot at bunbun.be
Thu Mar 15 10:40:10 EET 2018

On 14 Mar 2018, 20:42 +0100, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi>, wrote:

> > On 14 March 2018 at 21:17 Nick Rosier < nick+dovecot at bunbun.be> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently running a small home-server with Dovecot. A long time ago
> > I configured it with SIS enabled. I would like to stop using SIS.
> >
> > If I remove sis from mail_attachment_fs will the old mails that are
> > stored in SIS-storage still be accessible?
> > How can I convert all mailboxes to stop using SIS and store attachments
> > back in the mails?
> >
> > Rgds,
> > N.
>
> doveadm backup -u username maildir:/tmp/Maildir
>
> and then you can convert it back to sdbox after disabling sis by clearing the existing dbox files and running
>
> doveadm -omail_location=maildir:/tmp/Maildir backup -u username sdbox:~/something
>
> remember to take backups

Thanks for the quick response. I’ve tried a backup on 1 mailbox and indeed it stores the mails with attachments. I had tried it as an sdbox backup with the option to disable SIS but that didn’t seem to work.

Does anybody know if disabling SIS in the current setup will stop saving attachments to SIS but keep reading those that are already stored there?

N.