Mailing list address harvested for spamming

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Sun Dec 2 04:41:25 EET 2018

On 02/12/2018 01:09, Noel Butler wrote:
[...]
> all should go to list.  Its also dumb when list admins dont set reply-to

It's quite the opposite.

> list, the entire point of relying to a list, is, well, to the list)

Sorry, but that tells us more more about the audience of such lists than
you just intended to.

If I want to answer to the list, I press the "reply-to-list" (or
"reply-to-all") button. Sometimes I really just wants to reply privately.

FWIW such bad behaviour of list-admins is usually called "reply-to
munging" and https://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html should show
why that is always a bad idea (and that a configuration option is
actually a serious bug in any mailing software).

Every sane MUA has separate "Reply to sender" and "Reply to list"
buttons (or similar user-interface elements) for mails with RFC
2919/2369 headers - either directly or via some addons/plug-ins/extensions.

If your MUA is not sane, change the MUA or edit the addresses by hand -
your choice.

MfG,
	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at