Problem with sieve_before

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Mar 22 11:55:46 EET 2017

On 03/22/2017 04:25 AM, chaouche yacine wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:07 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> The howto I am making has:
>>
>> mkdir /home/sieve
>> [...]
>> chown -R vmail:mail /home/sieve
> I notice you are creating a sieve directory in /home/ as if it was a system user, then you change ownership to vmail. I would create the sieve directory directly in /home/vmail or whatever $HOME vmail user has (mine is /var/vmail). But that's just my particular taste :)

I picked this up years ago from another howto.  Lots of pieces of his
work, I am reworking.  I can see your point.  I t puts all the mail
related stuff into /home/vmail for backups, rather than the /home
backup.  I would have to change managesieve the same so that user sieves
go there too.  No big deal.

Must think on this.

thanks