sievec

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Mar 16 23:20:16 EET 2017

I am building a new mailserver on Centos7.

My sieve is created with:

mkdir /home/sieve
cat <<EOF>/home/sieve/globalfilter.sieve || exit 1
require "fileinto";
   if exists "X-Spam-Flag" {
     if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "NO" {
     } else {
     fileinto "Spam";
     stop;
     }
   }
   if header :contains "subject" ["***SPAM***"] {
     fileinto "Spam";
     stop;
   }
EOF

chown -R vmail:mail /home/sieve

But in 90-sieve.conf there is the comment:

   # A path to a global sieve script file, which gets executed ONLY
   # if user's private Sieve script doesn't exist. Be sure to
   # pre-compile this script manually using the sievec command line
   # tool.
   #sieve_global_path = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve

Do I run sievec on this script?

And I found the following comment on a blog, about 3 years old:

2: Having a user-defined sieve script will cancel out the global script
for redirecting spam.
In the dovecot.conf, get rid of the sieve_global_path and
sieve_global_dir, and instead
use: sieve_before = /path/to/global.sieve --
what this will do is make sure that the global script runs before any
user scripts,
which allows the spam redirecting to actually work.

What is current situation on this?

thank you