Good email client to use with Dovecot?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Nov 18 13:19:12 UTC 2016

On 11/17/2016 11:03 PM, lists at lazygranch.com <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:
> Comments about the retired TB:
>https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/
> --------------------
> Practically what this means is that in 2016, Thunderbird will finally
> be able to accept donations from users directed toward the update and
> maintenance of Thunderbird. In the long run, Thunderbird needs to
> rely on our users for support, and not expect to be subsidized by
> revenue from Firefox. We welcome this help from the Mozilla
> Foundation in moving toward our goal of developing independent
> sources of income for Thunderbird.

The interesting thing is that Thunderbird has seen a lot more bug fixes
and improvements since Mozilla 'abandoned' development of it than it
ever saw under direct Mozilla 'care'.

There are some uncomfortable pain points coming up (deprecation of
XUL/XPCOM being the main ones), but I'm confident Thunderbird will
emerge victorious, once again.

:)