Allowing for multiple recipient_delimiter characters?

Aaron Lindsay aclindsa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 23:57:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Aaron Lindsay <aclindsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Postfix allows the recipient_delimiter configuration parameter to
> contain multiple characters, splitting on the first such character it
> encounters. For example, if using 'recipient_delimiter=+-' both
> aaron+foo at example.com and aaron-bar at example.com would be delivered to
> aaron at example.com.
>
> Is anyone opposed to changing dovecot's handling of
> recipient_delimiter so that it's the same as that of postfix? If not,
> I am willing to rebase/merge/address review comments on Lennart
> Weller's patch[1] to get this functionality upstream.

I didn't receive any opposition to my proposal, so I've created two
github pull requests for discussion - one for dovecot and one for
pigeonhole:
https://github.com/dovecot/core/pull/4
https://github.com/dovecot/pigeonhole/pull/2

I've also attached the two patches for review here in case that is
preferred. Please keep me in CC as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks!

-Aaron