Setting up public mailboxes - user not found

Burckhard Schmidt bschmidt at cms.hu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 10 08:50:47 UTC 2016

Am 09.03.2016 um 20:02 schrieb Marti Markov:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the first time I use the dovecot mail list so I’m sorry if I forget something.
>
> My problem is that for some reason I can get public mailboxes to work. I have setup the directory Public, the folders and the cur,tmp and new folder in them:
>
> Public
> |
> |- .office3
>    |- cur
>    |- tmp
>    |- new
>    |- dovecot-acl
>

> Here is my dovecot conf:
>

> namespace {
>    list = yes
>    location = maildir:/home/vmail/xxx.com/Public:INDEXPVT=~/Maildir/Public
>    prefix = Public/
>    separator = /
>    subscriptions = yes
>    type = public
> }

You can use a "normal" user who has a sieve script:
require ...
any filter if necessary
fileinto "Public";
discard;

"Public" is your prefix
I have several subfolder so I use: fileinto "Public/subfolder1";

You would have
/home/vmail/xxx.com/Public/subfolder1
with cur new tmp
and a file "dovecot-acl" containing anyone lrs

--
Burckhard Schmidt