v2.2.25 released

Dave dovecot-e51 at deemzed.uk
Mon Jul 4 15:11:18 UTC 2016

On 04/07/2016 12:44, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> On 04.07.2016 14:24, Juan C. Blanco wrote:

>>> I thought this was fixed in 2.2.25.. In config.h you should have only:
>>>
>>> #define STATIC_ARRAY
>>>
>>> (not #define STATIC_ARRAY static)
>>
>> OK, my config.h contains:
>>
>> /* C99 static array */
>> #define STATIC_ARRAY static
>>
>> Regards.

>>> I recommend upgrading. We're considering not supporting older OSes
>>> anymore at all..
>>>

> Hi!
>
> This problem is hopefully now fixed by
> https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/d9c865ce774aae9f2f17b89e7e94c3cfca29dea7

Aki, I had a go mock building on CentOS5 and it appears that the test
succeeds with this patch in place:

configure:21182: checking if we can use C99 static in array sizes
configure:21202: gcc -c -std=gnu99 -O2 -g -pipe -Wall
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -W
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith
-Wchar-subscripts -Wformat=2 -Wbad-function-cast -fno-builtin-strftime
-Wstrict-aliasing=2  conftest.c >&5
configure:21202: $? = 0
configure:21214: result: yes

(confirmed was built using unsigned char array)

In fact, after a cursory examination and some testing I suspect the
CentOS5 gcc does nominally support static array sizes, and it's likely
hitting a compiler bug on the build proper?

All I can suggest is a manual configure flag toggle of the test, or that
this bug is better placed against Redhat? I haven't been able to narrow
down a reproducer on triggering the error message other than during build.

--
Dave