A few new Pigeonhole features

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Apr 7 13:44:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

A few new Pigeonhole features that enthusiasts can experiment with:

- Recently, I implemented support for the "imapsieve" extension in Sieve
and its IMAP counterpart (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6785). This is
now in the Pigeonhole master branch. This allows running Sieve scripts
at IMAP activity, rather than at delivery. There are also facilities for
the familiar sieve_before/sieve_after administrator scripts. The
documentation is currently only in the sources and not on the wiki:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dovecot/pigeonhole/master/doc/plugins/imapsieve.txt

- Yesterday, I implemented online trace debugging for Sieve scripts:
i.e., directly during delivery rather than only using the sieve-test
tool. This is also supported for the IMAPSIEVE feature discussed above.
This is documented in the INSTALL file:

https://github.com/dovecot/pigeonhole/blob/master/INSTALL#L522

In other news, I started a specification for a new Sieve feature that
allows using the IMAP SPECIAL-USE attributes from Sieve scripts:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bosch-sieve-special-use-00

There is no implementation yet.

Any comments, suggestions or bug reports are welcome.

Regards,

Stephan.