Dovecot and IPA

Manuel Delgado MANUEL.DELGADO at ucr.ac.cr
Mon Sep 7 17:45:07 UTC 2015

>From the first message I noted this:

mailman02 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (tried to use unsupported auth
> mechanism): user=<>, method=PLAIN, rip=1.1.1.1, lip=2.2.2.2, TLS,
> session=<QhWSqxofyAAKyAkM>

It seems that your client is not using GSSAPI, but PLAIN instead.

About your config:

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <
m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca> wrote:

> auth_default_realm = theinside.rnr
> auth_realms = theinside.rnr

In my configs I was forced to use REALM in uppercase. When I used it
lowercase I had issues mainly with PAM.

> auth_krb5_keytab = /etc/imap.keytab

Double-check that your keytab is correctly authorized in IPA and it's still
valid. In my case I had to setup a cron to refresh the keytab. (Remember
chown it, so Dovecot can read it)

Regards,
Manuel Delgado