Sieve can't find Extprograms or Extdata

E.B. emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 07:54:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

On a new install-from-source with Dovecot 2.2.16rc1, Piegeonhole 0.4.6 and a grab of the newest Extdata code, I confirmed basic Sieve functionality is working (made a simple sieve script with a test on message subject resulting in a fileinto action).

But I cannot get Sieve to see Extdata or Extprograms. sievec reports "Warning: sieve: ignored unknown extension 'vnd.dovecot.filter' while configuring available extensions" and the same for vnd.dovecot.extdata.  And of course for the user script, "error: require command: unknown Sieve capability `vnd.dovecot.filter'" (same with extdata)

I'm pretty sure this is a library path problem, but I've tried symlinking and restarting dovecot with as many iterations of library paths as I can think of but still same problem.

The lib90_sieve_extdata_plugin.so and lib90_sieve_extprograms_plugin.so are in /usr/local/lib/dovecot/sieve and all the rest of the normal dovecot libraries are one level above in /usr/local/lib/dovecot.

I tried creating symlinks for a "modules" directory and a "modules/sieve" directory, I tried symlinking these two librarie files themselves into the top level dovecot library directory, and a few other ideas, but no luck.

Is there a way I can tell where Sieve expects its libraries to reside? To see where it is looking? I didn't provide any arguments to the configure command for pigeonhole as well as extdata and it seems like the libs got placed somewhere sensible, but I don't know what else to do.