authenticate LDAP to email server

robert k Wild robertkwild at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:36:27 UTC 2015

i have made a file "/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext"

hosts = 10.10.1.3
base = dc=robina,dc=private
ldap_version = 3
auth_bind = yes
auth_bind_userdn = cn=%u,cn=home,ou=robina_users,dc=robina,dc=private
pass_attrs = uid=user
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%u))

i have also uncommented out the "include" line in the file10-auth.conf

tried testing it by doing a telnet on my local host but it cant find my
user, any suggestions

many thanks

rob

--