[Dovecot] Problems with login_log_format (possible bug?)

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Thu May 1 00:18:59 UTC 2014

login_log_format = %$: %s
login_log_format_elements = user=<%u> method=%m rip=%r lip=%l mpid=%e %c
session=<%{session}>

These are the defaults, at least on a Fedora system.

According to http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Variables, this should record for
user at REALM when seeing the following

Apr 30 18:08:40 TeaSet dovecot: auth: Debug:
auth(user,...,<JhKid0v4bAAKAQG6>): username changed user -> user at REALM.

If I wanted just user, user=<%u> should be changed to user=<%orig_user>.

However, I only get user not user at REALME in imap-login log lines.

I wouldn't mind this, but auth_username_format cannot be used in
passed{} and I haven't been able to get pam_krb5 to uppercase the realm
for it alone. (Everything else depends on it being lowercase.) I can
make this work by just passing the user name part of username in the
client, but then imap-login still doesn't have the required information
for the same reason.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Trever