Moving from one Dovecot server to another Dovecot server

Philipp Faeustlin Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de
Wed Aug 27 13:13:19 UTC 2014

Am 27.08.2014 um 14:52 schrieb Michael:

> Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:

>>> Yes, because I'm switching from CentOS 6.5 to Ubuntu 14.04. On the
>>> CentOS system I used the ATrpms repo. For Ubuntu I did not find any
>>> appropriate 3rd party repo. So I'm going to use the standard repo.
>>
>> Perhaps the official Dovecot Repo would be a better solution:
>> http://shop.dovecot.fi/home/8-dovecot-ee-repository-access.html
>
> I've already been aware of this web site. I saw that they offer only
> packages for Ubuntu 12.04. I'm Using Ubuntu 14.04. I know that often
> it's not a problem to take packages from another version. But I'm not
> sure if there are some conflicts to be expected. So I wrote an e-mail to
> the contact but did not get an answer yet.
> Do you have any information if this repo can also be used on Ubuntu
> 14.04 without problems?
No I haven't, but I think it is better to have the latest version of
Dovecot, especially with Ubuntu because not long ago I found this:
http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-3430.html
I'm not sure how to judge this message but it doesn't sounds very good.

--
Philipp Fäustlin
Universität Hohenheim

Schloss, Westhof Süd | 70599 Stuttgart
Tel.: +49 711 459-22838 | Fax: +49 711 459-23449
https://kim.uni-hohenheim.de/