[Dovecot] Can't get sieve/managedsieve working

Alter Depp Alter.Depp at gmx.de
Sun Nov 10 15:42:44 EET 2013

Am 2013-11-08 22:58, schrieb Manuel Delgado:
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Alter Depp <Alter.Depp at gmx.de> wrote:
>> I am running dovecot 2.1.7 for a while, with roundcube webmail
>> frontend
>> 0.9.5 .
> I've a similar design with Dovecot 2.1.7 and Roundcube 0.9.x. I'm using
> the
> SieveRules plugin from JohnDoh and Pigeonhole in Dovecot.

I have tried the managesieve plugin shipped with roundcube git and now
switched to SieveRules. But it still can't connect to server.

> I followed the wiki and everything worked fine, maybe this can help
> you:
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/

I'm a little confused about this guide because it says:
>  The only thing you need to do to activate the ManageSieve protocol
> support in Dovecot is to add sieve to the protocols= configuration line
> in your dovecot.conf.
I thought, the 'protocols=' isn't used anymore in dovecot 2.

> For example, my configs look something like:
> #[...]
> protocols = imap lmtp sieve

So I installed dovecot-lmtp. But no difference.

Stefan