[Dovecot] 3 node setup without cluster filesystem

Michael number100 at gmx.de
Fri Mar 29 02:18:13 EET 2013

Hi everyone,

short version: Is there any 3 host (two MX and one frontend IMAP) that
can use a shared (iSCSI) ext4 volume?

Long version:
I am running a very complex setup right now with two MX, two
proxies(lmtp/imap)/imap-frontends and two backends mounting an
ocfs2 volume.

I would like to reduce the complexity (and the number of hosts) and
get rid of ocfs2. I ask myself if I can use an ext4 iSCSI-LUN using
this setup:

MX01 -> lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp -> mail_home: /var/mail
MX02 -> lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp -> mail_home: /var/mail
IMAP01 (imap) -> mail_home: /var/mail

Regards
Michael