[Dovecot] Per-user seen flags for public read-only mailboxes

Guido Berhoerster guido+dovecot.org at berhoerster.name
Mon Mar 25 12:59:09 EET 2013

* Marco Giunta <giunta at sissa.it> [2013-03-25 10:45]:
> [-- Attachment #1 --]
> [-- Type: multipart/alternative, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 4.8K --]
>
> On 2013-03-25 11:07, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
>> Anything else I have to do
>> to allow seen flags to be set?
> I've the same configuration and it works like expected :
>
> mail_uid = vmail
> mail_gid = mail
>

> namespace public {
>      separator = /
>      prefix = Public/
>      location = maildir:/path/to/public:INDEX=/path/to/indexes/%u/public
>      subscriptions = no
>      list = children
> }
>

> Which are the permissions of file '/srv/mail/public/dovecot-shared' ???

-rw-r-----. 1 vmail vmail 0 Mar 25 10:22 /srv/mail/public/dovecot-shared

So readable by dovecot, even if they weren't the seen flag should
be set on the actual mailbox I suppose.

> Did you try with a new user ??

Yeah, I created a new user and also tried removing
dovecot-acl-list to no avail. Is there any cache that might cause
the ACL not to be updated?

Is "authenticated lrs" in the dovecot-acl correct for a read-only
mailbox for which only the seen flag can be set?
--
Guido Berhoerster