[Dovecot] Per-user seen flags for public read-only mailboxes

Guido Berhoerster guido+dovecot.org at berhoerster.name
Mon Mar 25 12:07:25 EET 2013

* Marco Giunta <giunta at sissa.it> [2013-03-25 08:57]:
> [-- Attachment #1 --]
> [-- Type: multipart/alternative, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 4.8K --]
>
> On 2013-03-25 09:11, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
>> How can I get per-user SEEN flags to work?
>
> Hi,
>
> You have to create an empty file named '**dovecot-shared' in your
> '/srv/mail/public/' directory.
>
> Here the reference on dovecot wiki:
>

> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public?highlight=%28dovecot-shared%29#Maildir:_Per-user_.2BAFw-Seen_flag
>

> I've waste a lot of time first time I've configure the same thing on our
> server ....

D'uh, I totally overlooked that these have to be created
manually. So now I've created these on the toplevel, and in every
mailbox below and I've changed all dovecot-acl files from
authenticated lr
authenticated lrs
and restarted dovecot, yet the mailboxes are still marked
read-only and setting the seen flag is ignored. Somehow I thought
I did the same change to the acl files and it worked as expected
(except the per-user flag of course). Anything else I have to do
to allow seen flags to be set?
--
Guido Berhoerster