[Dovecot] Dovecot service not responding after about a week of uptime

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Mar 25 02:34:41 EET 2013

Am 25.03.2013 01:29, schrieb Noel Butler:

>>> what happened with /tmp and /var/tmp?
>>>
>> Not much. This are not mount points, just regular folders. At the moment
>> they contains a variety of files from different dates.
>

> A lot of things need those directories, especially /tmp   so I would
> investigate with high degree of urgency, why they are no longer
> available

it is a dovecot-bug to whine about ANY no longer
present mount-point even if has nothing to do
with mail at all

"no longer available" is relative

if you do not mount any partition to a mount-point
it ends in a folder on the root-fs, the only harm
in case of /tmp would be unmount it while services
are active withour restart them