[Dovecot] v2.2 dsync

Walter Steiner ws+dovecot at iai.uni-bonn.de
Fri Mar 22 10:47:21 EET 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 20:26:03 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > If it crashes there, is_send_queue_full must be NULL or some other invalid pointer, but..
>
> Oh, the function is correct but the line number is wrong. This fixes the crash: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/19ce7403114f
>
> But I see there are other problems .. I'll continue debugging them.

Timo, good to hear from you!

With nightly 20130321 no more crashes at this point!  Thanks a lot!
(misconfigured imapc password at first try => there was another crash)

doveadm backup -R -u ... imapc:
=> mailboxes are created and some/many messages but not all messages
   are copied from the origin cyrus mailbox to the dovecot box.
   (i.e. the first consecutive 233 out of 523 are okay)

All of the missing messages are logged:
=> dsync(...): Error: Mailbox ...: Remote didn't send mail UID=...
(references to this error seen on the list in Jan. with older versions)

I do not see the reason in the cyrus protocol log.  (No "NO", only "OK")

Maybe it has nothing to do with the messages itself?
They are all "real-life" messages - i.e. there is a mailbox with
5 messages and only the first one is okay!
I have deleted this first message on the cyrus box, stopped dovecot,
removed dovecot mailbox, restarted dovecot.
The "same" doveadm backup results in the new first (formerly second)
message backed up to the dovecot mailbox (which was not before).

If more detail / logs / cyrus IMAP protocol logs would be helpful please
let me know and I'll try to setup a mailbox with meaningful testmails.

Thank you very much again, Walter