[Dovecot] Altmove doesn't working after a dsync.

Breno Moreira brenoavm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 22:53:05 EET 2013

Hi Charles,

Sorry for not providing this kind of info.

I'm using Dovecot 2.1.7 in a Debian Wheezy. The dovecot -n output is below:

# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.0
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb
disable_plaintext_auth = no
lmtp_proxy = yes
mail_fsync = always
mail_gid = vmail
mail_location = maildir:~/.maildir
mail_plugins = " quota"
mail_uid = vmail
mmap_disable = yes
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  quota = maildir:Quota
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp
service auth {
    mode = 0666
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = vmail
    mode = 0666
    user = vmail
  }
  user = root
}
service imap-login {
  service_count = 0
}
service lmtp {
  inet_listener lmtp {
    address = localhost mail0.supramail.com.br
    port = 7025
  }
}
service pop3-login {
  service_count = 0
}
ssl_cert = </etc/dovecot/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/dovecot/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = " quota sieve"
  postmaster_address = postmaster at mail0.supramail.com.br
}
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = " quota imap_quota"
}
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %v-%u
}

The commands that I'm using are:

 - dsync -Dv -u user mirror sdbox:~/sdbox:ALT=alternatestoragepath

 -

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at media-brokers.com>wrote:

> Please always try to provide some basic system info when asking for help.
>
> dovecot version? doveconf -n output? actual commands you are typing? logs
> of the events?
>
> Also remember, dsync has been completely rewritten for the upcoming 2.2
> (at rc3 now), and has always been a little problematic in earlier versions
> (which I guess was the reason for the rewrite)...
>

> On 2013-03-21 3:58 PM, Breno Moreira <brenoavm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm having a problem with the altmove command after a mailbox migration
>> using dsync.
>>
>> What I'm trying to do is move some users from a datacenter to another and,
>> for that, I'm using the dsync feature. First thing I do is run the dsync
>> mirror command, and this is working properly, but all mails are moved to
>> the main path, ignoring the ALT statement in the mail location.
>>
>> So, what I tried to do was run the doveadm altmove to move the old mails
>> the new alternate storage, but it simply doesn't work or sometimes moves
>> only few messages.
>>
>> After the user receives new messages, these new files are correctly moved.
>>
>> It can be problem with my search parameter in the altmove command? Or this
>> is a normal result?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Breno Moreira
>>

> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles Marcus
> I.T. Director
> Media Brokers International, Inc.
> 678.514.6224 | 678.514.6299 fax

Breno Moreira

“O êxito na vida não se mede pelo que você conquistou,

mas sim pelas dificuldades que superou no caminho.”

*                    Abraham Lincoln*