[Dovecot] Problem with Prefetch User Database - additional infos

megodin at inboxalias.com megodin at inboxalias.com
Thu Mar 21 18:10:21 EET 2013

Hey there,

sorry, sent the mail too fast. Obviously you need more information:

I'm using Dovecot 2.0.9

dovecot -n
# 2.0.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS release 6.3 (Final) ext3
auth_cache_size = 10 M
auth_debug = yes
auth_username_format = %n
auth_verbose = yes
listen = *
mail_debug = yes
mail_gid = vmail
mail_home = /dovecot/mailnfs/vmails/%u
mail_location = sdbox:/dovecot/mailnfs/vmails/%u/mailstore
mail_plugins = " quota"
mail_privileged_group = mail
mail_uid = vmail
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
plugin {
  quota = dict:User quota::file:%h/dovecot-quota
  quota_rule = *:storage=100M
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+50M
  quota_warning = storage=95%% quota-warning 95 %u
}
service quota-warning {
  executable = script /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
  unix_listener quota-warning {
    user = vmail
  }
  user = root
}
ssl_cert =  Hi there Community,

> I am currently setting up a Dovecot Mailserver, which works fine with some basic configuration (Dovecot + Sendmail). Sending > and receiving Mails is just fine. For improving timings, I wanted to activate the prefetch user database - but apparently it doesn't > seem to work correctly - I hope you can help me out!
>
> When I activate the prefetch user database, every time I get a "passdb didn't return userdb entries" from my mail.debug logs.
>
> Here's my config:
>
> passdb {
>    driver = pam
> }
>
> # (I authenticate via PAM which is itself configured to ask ldap server, ldap returns it back to PAM - so Dovecot only sees the > > PAM-authentication part)
>
> userdb {
>   driver = prefetch
> }
>
> userdb {
>   driver = ldap
>  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
> }
>
> # My userdb is going over ldap.
>
> Relevant parts of /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext:

> user_attrs = uidNumber=50014,gidNumber=2084,modem-quota=quota_rule=*:storage=%$
>
> user_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%u))
>
> pass_attrs = uidNumber==50014,gidNumber=2084
>

> I'm not sure.... maybe it's because of the PAMLDAPPAM? Or do I miss something other fundamental?
> Thanks for any insights,
> Megodin

---
Alle Postfächer an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! http://email.freenet.de/produkte/basic/index.html