[Dovecot] [solved] Dovecot not obeying disable_plaintext_auth = yes and how to force/disable encryption

Darren Pilgrim list_dovecot at bluerosetech.com
Mon Mar 18 03:24:26 EET 2013

I figured this out.  I was testing Dovecot from the machine running
Dovecot.  I didn't know that when the client address is a local address
(even if it's a public one), that Dovecot treats the connection as if it
was localhost.  I also did not know that Dovecot automatically ignores
ssl = required and disable_plaintext_auth = yes for localhost
connections.  As this renders pretty much my entire email moot, we can
call this one solved. :)

--
Please reply on list.