[Dovecot] Upgrading 1.2 to 2.x

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Mar 6 01:06:02 EET 2013

Noel Butler wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 08:28 -0800, Professa Dementia wrote:
> > On 3/5/2013 7:34 AM, Simon Brereton wrote:
> >
> > > What's the recommended approach then?  Pack it all into dovecot.conf
> > > as it was before, or use the split config files under conf.d/ - is
> > > this even a choice?
> >
> > Split configs are nicer and easier to work with and I am all for nicer
> > and easier.
>
> WTF?  Everything in one file is much nicer and easier, and you don't
> have to guess what option is in what file

We're using a single file too, since this can be easily managed by
a configuration management system and avoids unexpected changes.

Split files might get accidentally updated or added on package
updates and change the behaviour of your whole mail system.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820