[Dovecot] Upgrading 1.2 to 2.x

Professa Dementia professa at dementianati.com
Tue Mar 5 17:28:06 EET 2013

On 3/5/2013 6:30 AM, Simon Brereton wrote:

> I'd prefer to have a semi-decent config to work from without having to
> research 100 new variable names and values.  The migration tool exists for
> a reason.

I just went through the same thing - converting from 1.2.10 to 2.1.15.
Trust me, you are better off starting from scratch.  Use the default
template then modify it for your customizations.  I thought the same
thing as you, but in the end, trying to convert the old config file
turned out to be much more work.

Dem