[Dovecot] Error delivery

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 1 16:14:44 EET 2013

On 1.3.2013, at 13.43, Fabian von Romberg <fromberg100 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> actually this is the first user I created.  Im running postfix 2.10 and dovecot 2.2 rc2.  Im using telnet to send and email for testing purposes.  Sending from an email client like Thunderbird happens the same.
..

That's a bug. gdb backtrace for this would be helpful in fixing it. With LDA it may be a bit more difficult to get a core than normally. See if you can reproduce this with:

ulimit -c unlimited
echo hello | /usr/local/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d user at domain

Hopefully there's now a core file and you can do:

gdb /usr/local/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda core
bt full