[Dovecot] Suggestions for upgrading dovecot 1.0.7 Redhat EL 5.x

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Mar 1 11:57:56 EET 2013

Am 27.02.13 16:57, schrieb Steffen Kaiser:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
>
>>> I don't know Redhat, but it seems to be wise to upgrade. What's the
>>> "Known Bug List" or "Known Security Holes" in Redhat EL 5.x?
>
>> What do you mean by that? BTW it's strange to me that Redhat never
>> updated the main imap server part in there lon tearm supported
>> enterprice distribution ... (RH EL 6 comes with dovecot 2.0 ok ... )
>
> Are there security considerations to upgrade the base system, kernel
> remote exploits a.s.o.

I got your point. Hmm RHEL 5.9 is still well supported till Q1 2014 and
further with minor or critical updates till 2017. (O.K. no dovecot
update :D )

For now no really need for us to rush to an other major release.

> You could look into building Dovecot from source to get v2.1 or v2.2.

May be I'll give that a try.

	Thanks for your suggestions and feedback . Regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt