[Dovecot] Looking for HOWTO for fc18 with postfix/TLS/imaps

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 07:22:23 EET 2013

Hi all,

Does there already exist a document that outlines the best approach to
implement postfix with dovecot? I'd like to set up a Maildir system
with TLS clients and SMTP Auth. I don't think I need to require client
certs, but want to avoid cleartext passwords.

It's unclear to me whether to use 143 with TLS or 993. I've currently
set it up using 143 with STARTTLS using normal passwords. Is this
correct?

Can I use a regular apache web cert to provide an authorized cert and
key to use for authentication by the clients?

Thanks,
Alex