[Dovecot] Dovecot subtree problem in ldap/ad search

Marcus Jüttner marcus at juettner.eu
Tue Jan 15 16:25:25 EET 2013

Hallo

Im trying to set up an Postfix and Dovecot mailserver with ActiveDirectory interation.

Postfix is doing well and even Dovecot does ... but I have one big problem!

My AD Accounts ar stored in two Subfolders

ou=Bischoff Benutzer LTT, dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local
ou=Bischoff Benutzer Nbg, dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local

If i use "base = ou=Bischoff Benutzer LTT, dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local" everything is fine but users from "ou=Bischoff Benutzer Nbg" will not work. Thats ok so far.
But when i use "base = dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local" none user will be found even if i use "scope = subtree".

Postfix has no problem with the base set to "dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local". Ldapsearch has no problem too.

I use Version 2.1.12 on Gentoo Linux with a 2003R2 AD

Is scope=subtree broken in Dovecot? Must I set some special parameters for Windows AD?

My Config:

hosts = 192.168.1.98
dn = bischoff-ltt\ldapsearch
dnpass = xxxxx
auth_bind = yes
ldap_version = 3
scope = subtree
base = dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local
#base = ou=Bischoff Benutzer LTT, dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local
#base = ou=Bischoff Benutzer Nbg, dc=bischoff-ltt, dc=local
user_attrs  = =home=/var/dovecot/%Ln/,=mail=maildir:/var/dovecot/%Ln/
user_filter = (&(ObjectClass=person)(sAMAccountName=%u))
pass_filter = (&(ObjectClass=person)(sAMAccountName=%u))

Thanks for Help

Marcus