[Dovecot] Disconnect users for a distinct period of time?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 7 23:10:30 EEST 2012

Quoting Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de>:

> Hi --
>
> Today, I've learned who to disable incoming mail delivery to dovecot
> (accepted by postfix), temporarily. Now, I would like to know if
> there is a way to make a "doveadm kick -A" a permanent disconnect
> until one would allow reconnects, again? This should be done
> *without* shutting down dovecot or *extensive* re-configuration. A
> "doveadm block -u <joe> -m 'sorry: running maintenance, please, come
> back later'" alike tool/funtionality would be ideal.

What I've been doing so far, is I configure dovecot 2.1 with a deny-hosts
file (in auth-deny.conf.ext) and then I can append a name to that file
to block them, and remove them to allow them back in.  Since this file
is a simple text file with one username/address per line, it is very
easy to manage.

No idea if that would work for you, since your usage is for a different
reason than mine.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics