[Dovecot] Special Folder Mocking

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Sep 2 19:39:46 EEST 2012

On 2.9.2012, at 18.50, Eddy Ilg|univation wrote:

>> I was just in the middle of writing the previous mail about this :)
> Already thought you replied and changed the subject of my post ;)
>>> A simple question:
>>> Isn't it possible to advertise one imap folder with different names, depending on the client?
>>> E.g. if the client is Outlook, show the "Sent" folder as "Sent Elements" (translated from german) and if the client is Thunderbird, show the "Sent" folder as "Sent"?
>> No.
> But would it be theoretically possible? I.e. do the clients report themselves to dovecot correctly?

Even theoretically it's not something I want to consider. It would cause more trouble than gain.

(Some clients identify themselves with ID extension, many don't (e.g. Outlook). Some clients might be unreliably detected using the IMAP command tags they use, but that could identify other clients wrong. Different localizations of clients use different mailbox names.)