[Dovecot] sieve

Christian Rößner cr at sys4.de
Tue Nov 6 09:59:31 EET 2012

Hi,

is there a sieve option that can reject a mail directly without creating a new mail and sending that out? I know about

reject "Reject message goes here";

but I am looking for a mechanism that can reject Mail. Postfix can use reject_unverified_recipient to connect to LMTP and ask if a mail would successfully be enqueued and will return the status gotten from the LMTP server if not. Chances are high that the mechanism would work, too, if Dovecot would know about the sieve rule, while getting a connection on LMTP. Does Dovecot know all rules at this point or is sieve handled after the mail has already been accepted?

Kind regards

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG