[Dovecot] Dovecot director doveadm with switch "-A" error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 29 00:45:50 EET 2012

On 28.11.2012, at 16.50, Ramon Frontera wrote:

> Dovecot -n show the correct configuration like you explain.
> The command doveadm -o auth_socket_path=director-userdb quota get -A works fine on the proxy and now assigns host.

Then doveadm isn't seeing the same configuration as what you're looking at. For example did you restart dovecot since the change? Does this return the correct path? :

doveconf -m doveadm -f service=doveadm auth_socket_path

> Now, the problem is that when we execute doveadm -A or doveadm -u *something* the command fails in the mailserver with this error:
>
> dovecot: doveadm: Fatal: master: service(doveadm): child 13482 killed with signal 11 (core dumps disabled)

I fixed several bugs related to this in hg. I think you hit one of them.

strace isn't very useful in debugging crashes. gdb backtraces are: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html