[Dovecot] Don't Know Where Emails Are Or What's Happening

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Fri Oct 21 17:12:48 EEST 2011

On 20 October 2011 19:45, Jack Fredrikson <jackfredrikson at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ________________________________

Well, unless the link I sent you helped you with the the table locking
problem, ask over there for help on making sure that postfix is
accepting and delivering mail.  Or accepting at least.

Did you plan on having postfix or dovecot do the delivery (using dovecot-lda)?

>> At a minimum your daemons are running - congratulations!  That's
>> always a good start and I remember when I was setting up the sense of
>> achievement that brought.
>
> Uhuh!
>
>>  But for now you need to get postfix working
>> (their list is great).  Perhaps if you give more details on your
>> system I can point you to a better howto.  And maybe more information
>> on what you're trying to achieve?  Virtual domain?  Virtual domains?
>> Multiple users?  Local users?  All these have an impact on what the
>> solution is.
>
> I have clients with their various domains hosted on my server to whom I need to serve email. There will only be me on a slice of one machine interfacing with dovecot/postfix. I have integrated/am integrating Amavis, ClamAV, Spamassassin, PostfixAdmin and SquirrelMail.

Okay - fairly common setup.  I don't use postfix-admin, but if that's
what created your mysql tables that could also be a starting point to
look for the table lock errors.

Good luck!

Simon