[Dovecot] 2.1.rc1 (51d87deb5c26): %{gid} modification problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 12 06:39:38 EET 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 17:46 +0100, Pascal Volk wrote:
> On 12/10/2011 05:09 PM Pascal Volk wrote:
> > … For now I've reverted changeset 499e4916bed5.
>
> OK, I found the problem. You forgot to append the GID to the
> var_expand_table before returning it. The attached patch works fine for me.

Yes, fixed that :)

> It also adds the short variable %g. I hope that's OK.

I think %{gid} is used so rarely that it doesn't really need a short
variable. It probably would be better in future to avoid short variables
entirely in most places.

I also did larger changes to mail-storage-service.c so that in
situations when %var expansion is done while running as root, the
uid/gid expand properly instead of expanding to 0. This probably happens
with some doveadm -A commands or something..